Skip to main content

My Response to Adele's Hello




Hello people, how are you doing this fine Friday afternoon. I'm so excited its Friday.. I don't know why, its not like I do anything fantastic on the weekends, just sleep and eat and watch old episodes of Grey's anatomy on my laptop but I love weekends anywaiz. But today's excitement is extra special. I'm not sure its right to be this excited sef but I am. So my department met her target for the year in September so our group head is kinda throwing us a party today at Ntyce Lounge.. its more like a hangout sha but I'm excited. Food, karaoke, drinks, etc... Can't wait*shines teeth*


This is going to be a lil scattered so please bear with me.



Today's post is about Adele's new song.



Even if you've been living under a rock, you must have heard that Adele released a new single a few weeks ago(like 2) and it was/is a massive success. Everyone is listening to it(it has been on repeat on my office system since morning) and has gotten over 325 million views on YouTube(as at yesterday). I love the song so much and all the various covers that people have done just make it all the more interesting. My absolute favourite though is Joe's. I just like the fact that he didn't change anything in the song and because it was a guy singing the song, I could relate to it more. And I think that's why I have a response.


Before my response tho, I just want to state that the #HelloChallenge that trended on Twitter a couple of days ago is in my opinion, one of the cruellest jokes I have seen in recent times. How will you call/chat up an ex just to toy with their emotions like that? Its just wrong. Anyway, to each his own..

So, here are the lyrics to the famous song;


Hello, it's me

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore

Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened?

It's no secret that the both of us
Are running out of time

So hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, ooooohh
Anymore, anymore

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore


My Response;

Hello?

Are you kidding me? Why would I want to meet? You walked out of my life without so much as a backward glance and now you want to meet? Now that I'm finally moving on, you want to talk about everything? What everything exactly? The part where we were doing so well and all of a sudden you became distant? Or the part where I did all the calling until it felt like I was in the relationship by and with myself? Oh... is it the part where barely three weeks later, (after you finally found the balls to tell me we weren't working any more like I didn't know that already), you were in a relationship with that girl from church who you swore was "just a friend"? What exactly constitutes EVERYTHING?

So now you're dreaming about who we used to be and how deliriously happy we used to be? Why didn't you think about that before you shattered my heart into a million pieces? Maybe, just maybe I wouldn't be this jaded and closed up now. I know I can't lay the blame for this completely at your feet but it was the only way I knew to move on and not go completely crazy from the pain of our break up. I haven't done much healing either but I honestly do not care whether or not you heal(believe it or not, I haven't forgiven you for breaking my fragile heart all those years ago. I know its not healthy and I hope to get there soon but its a long hard road to forgiveness and right now, I am bone weary).

You say we're different and there are a million miles between us... what did you expect? You can't have your cake and eat it dear.

That said, I get that you're sorry but that's why sorry is one of the lamest words I know, it doesn't change anything. If at all, it adds salt to raw injuries. Your sorry cannot mend my heart, it does not change the fact that the only man I have ever loved is getting married in a few weeks and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it doesn't change the fact that you ruined me for all the guys who have come after you, it doesn't change the fact that our break up made me stronger and more focused on getting ahead and bettering my self both academically and mentally, it doesn't change anything. I wouldn't trade some of the things I got out of/learned from the break up for a million dollars but then again, I probably would have done all that if we stayed together too.

Anyway, Please stop calling my phone, I don't want to hear from you. I'm doing just fine, thank you very much, and I'll be much better when I stop seeing your number in my call log. Saying sorry doesn't change a thing you did, it only opens up wounds I'd rather leave closed.
Thanks for understanding. My regards to "the friend".

****

My response is a fusion of fiction and reality. It is inspired by my experiences and the many fantasy conversations I've had with my exes in my head..lol I hope you enjoyed it? 


Alright guys, y'all have a fabulous weekend.

Toodles!



Comments

  1. A great take on the song, interesting indeed. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okey, congratulations on a bit of consistency and I hope you don't backslide. Now back to hello, when the bible said the love of God is shed abroads in our heart by the holyghost, I'm sure its not just agape, none of my business but you really need to change "the only man I ever loved" to "the first man I ever loved" (btw what happened to Jesus? lol). You can still love again, stop holding back, stop wishing, by not forgiving you hurt yourself more, he probably has moved on and you're here licking your wound. Isn't it time to let it heal for real? I know you said it made you stronger but who are you deceiving? You probably threw yourself into work, made remarkable progress, picked up new good habits etc etc but is that you call being stronger? I know there's a time to be miserable hurt and super sad, there's a time to lick ones wound, there's also time to heal. You need to heal not just because someday you'll eventually date again and carrying baggage of pain from the previous would destroy it like packs of tons of dynamo would a mud house. You need to heal for yourself, its not selfish to love oneself. Let it go, its hard, confusing and difficult, just let it go, don't ask how, don't try to reason out how you'll go about it, just let it. Let yours be like the testimony of those whom the power of God came on, got healed without them knowing and times later they discovered the pain was no longer there, they forgot their pain. Let go, forget your pain, go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That response was an epistle written to Sunchine.

    Unforgiveness/hurting is giving someone an apartment in ur heart free of charge.

    Free them all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dando

Hiya guys..

So I was going through my system and I found the Dando pictures I had saved to put up on the blog in December but apparently, I never got around to it *covers face* and it feels like years since I put anything up. I hope you all are doing alright and life is treating you well?
The Dando outreach was a huge success. We went to all the places that we planned to go and everything we took out, food, water and drinks was exhausted completely! Nothing remained! We had over 400 packs of food and drinks and we gave everything out. I can't remember any time that I was more tired than I was on that day but I also can't remember a time that I was happier. That day simply fabulous.

I can't tell too much story but I hope the pictures below would tell the story(they're quite a lot..sorry), enjoy...

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, & Kanyin

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, Kanyin and Busayo
Kitchen Prep
Prayer First
Praying
More praying.. lol
L-R Kolade, Jide, Tayo, Sola, Habeeb, Can't rememb…

When Would I Stop Loving My Ex..

Oh my God! It's been so long, I don't even know what to say.. I won't even presume to think that anyone still opens this blog to read.. lol.

Happy new year Sunshine's Musings, it's been a long time. I was talking to Thelma yesterday and accusing her of not posting on her blog for a couple of days now and somehow the conversation turned to my own blog and I had to admit I hadn't even been trying for over a year now. I have to say tho that I didn't think it was going to be this hard...

Anywaiz, I wrote the post below 5 or so months ago and sent it to TTB anonymously but I think I'm at a place where I can share this now..

***

Blog Award From Thelma Thinks: Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers

Hiya peeps, How're y'all doing this fine Monday evening? How did last week go? Did you accomplish all you set out to do? My week was very stressful last week, I'm relieving a colleague of mine who's on leave and mehn... its been a lesson in patience and tolerance. My phone rings non stop all day everyday, its crazy. But besides that and the fact that I lost my 91 year old grandpa today, I'm very well.