Skip to main content

#TheMinisterialList

Yo peeps! I know its not Monday yet but I just couldn't resist. This ministerial list brouhaha is bothering me. I mean, we're in a dispensation of change right? So what are names like Rotimi Amaechi and Lai Mohammed doing on that list? I thought we would be having  a transparent government going forward? I assumed that meant we would have credible leaders, men of integrity, who have great passion for the country and zeal to work.

I've been looking at that list with side eyes since it was released and I just don't know. Upon all the campaign and nonsense, we still have old people in Buhari's cabinet. Are we saying there are no intelligent well accomplished Nigerians in their 30s and 40s?




I know next to nothing about politics and its inner workings but I am deeply dissatisfied with this list, Rotimi Amaechi?! He's as corrupt as they come!

I read somewhere on twitter yesterday that maybe Buhari is using the "let the thief guard the treasury" strategy such that he won't be able to steal and will also not allow other crooks to steal. My own question now is, what if he steals anyway, what if he robs us blind before we even notice, what then happens? Impunity is the one word all Nigerian elected/appointed leaders have in common, what has changed?

Plus, I think Ben Bruce made very good points in those seven tweets he "advised" Buhari with. To male sure your ministers will be committed to their individual ministries, they must be invested in those ministries, the minister of education must have all his/her children going thru the Nigerian education system especially at the tertiary level. The health minister must recieve treatment for any and every ailment here in Nigeria. The finance minister must be one who has no assets outside the shores of this country such that his/her economic wealth/success must depend solely on the health of the Nigerian economy. They will all do their jobs to the best of their abilities this way.

Anywaiz, Buhari should well done.  That's my 2kobo, what do you think?

Comments

  1. I think it was(is) a compensation list.. for those who stoop by him during the elections. I just hope they'll be held accountable for everything they do and the fear of buhari would make them seat up to do some actual work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dando

Hiya guys..

So I was going through my system and I found the Dando pictures I had saved to put up on the blog in December but apparently, I never got around to it *covers face* and it feels like years since I put anything up. I hope you all are doing alright and life is treating you well?
The Dando outreach was a huge success. We went to all the places that we planned to go and everything we took out, food, water and drinks was exhausted completely! Nothing remained! We had over 400 packs of food and drinks and we gave everything out. I can't remember any time that I was more tired than I was on that day but I also can't remember a time that I was happier. That day simply fabulous.

I can't tell too much story but I hope the pictures below would tell the story(they're quite a lot..sorry), enjoy...

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, & Kanyin

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, Kanyin and Busayo
Kitchen Prep
Prayer First
Praying
More praying.. lol
L-R Kolade, Jide, Tayo, Sola, Habeeb, Can't rememb…

When Would I Stop Loving My Ex..

Oh my God! It's been so long, I don't even know what to say.. I won't even presume to think that anyone still opens this blog to read.. lol.

Happy new year Sunshine's Musings, it's been a long time. I was talking to Thelma yesterday and accusing her of not posting on her blog for a couple of days now and somehow the conversation turned to my own blog and I had to admit I hadn't even been trying for over a year now. I have to say tho that I didn't think it was going to be this hard...

Anywaiz, I wrote the post below 5 or so months ago and sent it to TTB anonymously but I think I'm at a place where I can share this now..

***

Blog Award From Thelma Thinks: Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers

Hiya peeps, How're y'all doing this fine Monday evening? How did last week go? Did you accomplish all you set out to do? My week was very stressful last week, I'm relieving a colleague of mine who's on leave and mehn... its been a lesson in patience and tolerance. My phone rings non stop all day everyday, its crazy. But besides that and the fact that I lost my 91 year old grandpa today, I'm very well.