Skip to main content

Blog Award From Thelma Thinks: Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers



Hiya peeps, How're y'all doing this fine Monday evening? How did last week go? Did you accomplish all you set out to do? My week was very stressful last week, I'm relieving a colleague of mine who's on leave and mehn... its been a lesson in patience and tolerance. My phone rings non stop all day everyday, its crazy. But besides that and the fact that I lost my 91 year old grandpa today, I'm very well.


So, I got nominated by the amazing Thelma of TTB for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award/challenge. Thanks Tee. Now the rules are;


  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site;
  2. Put the award logo on your blog;
  3. Answer the ten questions sent to you;
  4. Nominate five blogs;
  5. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
My 10 questions;

1. Blogging can be tedious and tiring, how do you stay motivated?
  • Err.. not sure. Getting posts out on Mondays is teaching me a lesson in consistency. Besides that, I have too many thoughts in my head on a daily basis and (the thought of)putting them down keeps me sane. So I guess blogging or the mere thought of blogging keeps me sane and helps me shove disturbing thoughts to the back of my mind.
2. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
  • Do you remember Matilda Wormwood from the 1996 movie Matilda? She had telekinetic powers and could move stuff around with her mind.. That's the kind of super power I want. It will be a perfect compliment to my laziness...lol
3. What inspired the name of your blog?
  • Its a bit corny but I'll share. At the time I started commenting on TTB, I was still with my ex although the relationship was already going south about that time. Anywaiz, he used to call me his "lil Miss Sunshine" or just plain "My Sunshine". I loved the name, thought it was cute so when I was searching for a name for my blogger ID, I chose Sunshine and when I started the blog, the idea was to put down most/some of the stuff I muse about, hence the name Sunshine's Musings
4. What do you find to be your least admirable quality?
  • My lackadaisical attitude toward almost everything 
5. If you could live someone's life for a day who would it be and why?
  • My life when I was 1 year old. I was my parent’s favourite child and I had no care in the world beside eating, sleeping and growing up. I wish I could have one day without all my current worries and cares, ignorant of all the bad things happening in the world. 
6. What's one item you cannot live without?
  • Can’t think of any now. I do without my phone all the time so... 

7. If you had to spend the rest of your life in one country which would it be?
  • France 

8. Preferred date idea; movies and dinner or hiking and picnic?
  • Movies and Dinner 

9. Tell one fact about yourself your blog readers would be shocked to hear.
  • I have no idea, some people don’t shock easily 

10. Your first thought when you woke up this morning.
  • “Ibukun, you need to cultivate the habit of saying a word of prayer as soon as you wake up.”


So there you have it, my answers to the 10 questions. I have no one to tag seeing as Thelma already tagged all the female bloggers I know. But y’all can answer a few questions for me; I’d like to know my readers a little more so here are your own questions…

  1. What's your state/country of residence?
  2. What's your occupation?
  3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you like your life?
  4. In your opinion, what's the best thing that can happen to you?
  5. If someone gave you $5,000,000 now, what would you do with it?
  6. What's your least favourite thing to do?
  7. In the last 24 hours, how many people have you genuinely, from your heart, smiled at?
  8. How often do you visit Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?(once a day, once an hour, once a month, what's Instagram biko?...)
  9. How well do you like your job or whatever you are doing?
  10. What's the one thing absolutely no one knows about you?

That's it for today. Have a Fabulos week ahead.

Toodles!

Comments

  1. So sorry about your Grandpa. May his soul Rest in Peace.

    Although I didn't accomplish all I had set out to do last week, I hope to get them done this week.
    So here are my answers
    1. Abia/Nigeria.
    2. I'm a student, actually fresh graduate
    3. 5
    4. The best thing that can happen to me? I really don't know, probably anything to make me happy
    5. Pay the arrears in my school fees, start up a clothing business for my mum, take good care of my family, etc...
    6. Play board games, and cleaning up for someone else.
    7. 3, my friends at school today.
    8. Facebook- at least once a day, Twitter- dysfunctional account, Instagram- anytime I need to check someone or something out.
    9. I'm done with school and project but awaiting defence and I'm so not liking the suspense.
    10. If I said it now, someone would no that about me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ no 10...

      Its good to "kinda" know you.. The last part of my final year in school is almost a blur and I din't have to defend my project so I don't understand the tension but I understand the hurry to have school done and over with.

      Thanks for stopping by Carlacandor. All the very best with your defense.

      Delete
  2. Oh! this was fun to read! I like how open and plain you seem. Weldone Bubba.. :) Plus ya such a 419 someborRRy.. Aha!! See how you tactfully dodged the Shock kweshion.. :)

    1 Kweshion Biko.. Eachtime we your fans call you sunshine.. Does it bring back good memories or just plain ones?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bad memories. It only brings memories of TTB cos that's where the name really really became mine.

      Delete
  3. Okayyyy, let me try and answer these questions:

    1) Lagos
    2) Draughtsman
    3) 6
    4) Living without stress.
    5) Save $2,000,000 and invest with the rest (of course tithing isn't excluded. Lol)
    6) Over working or working long hours
    7) Wow.. I literarily smile at anyone I say "hello" to so that's hard.
    8) Facebook, at least 3 times a day; IG, once in 2 or 3 days. (what's Twitter?)
    9) Love it
    10) Errmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Ogun
    2) Cost Engineering
    3) 6
    4) Get a book published
    5) Invest
    6) Attend Functions
    7) Didn't take note
    8) Facebook; once in two days, not on the other 2
    9) Suits me perfectly
    10) ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Would I Stop Loving My Ex..

Oh my God! It's been so long, I don't even know what to say.. I won't even presume to think that anyone still opens this blog to read.. lol.

Happy new year Sunshine's Musings, it's been a long time. I was talking to Thelma yesterday and accusing her of not posting on her blog for a couple of days now and somehow the conversation turned to my own blog and I had to admit I hadn't even been trying for over a year now. I have to say tho that I didn't think it was going to be this hard...

Anywaiz, I wrote the post below 5 or so months ago and sent it to TTB anonymously but I think I'm at a place where I can share this now..

***

Dando

Hiya guys..

So I was going through my system and I found the Dando pictures I had saved to put up on the blog in December but apparently, I never got around to it *covers face* and it feels like years since I put anything up. I hope you all are doing alright and life is treating you well?
The Dando outreach was a huge success. We went to all the places that we planned to go and everything we took out, food, water and drinks was exhausted completely! Nothing remained! We had over 400 packs of food and drinks and we gave everything out. I can't remember any time that I was more tired than I was on that day but I also can't remember a time that I was happier. That day simply fabulous.

I can't tell too much story but I hope the pictures below would tell the story(they're quite a lot..sorry), enjoy...

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, & Kanyin

L-R Beulah, Ibukun, Kanyin and Busayo
Kitchen Prep
Prayer First
Praying
More praying.. lol
L-R Kolade, Jide, Tayo, Sola, Habeeb, Can't rememb…